Believe it or not, one of the most redecorated areas of any home today is surprise, surprise–bathrooms. What was once a simplified wash area has now transformed into a haven for designers actively wanting to flex their creative muscles. If you too are looking to give your bathroom a makeover, we suggest starting with trending tiles.
In this blog, we will outline some of the most useful ideas and trends that are dominating in 2022 to get your creative juices flowing.
First Things First; Think About Your Bathroom’s Intrinsic Personality
Yep, you read that right. Considering that the average person spends about 813.3 days in the restroom, it makes sense for your bathroom to reflect your intrinsic style, hygiene habits, and personality.
For example, if you want your bathroom to have a fun, bohemian vibe, opting for patterned and colorful tiles might be a good way to go. Alternatively, if you want your bathroom to exude a minimal and modern look and feel, it makes sense to go for dual-toned or monotone black and white tiles and complement them with industrial fixtures.
Once you have narrowed down the kind of theme and design style you want, you can take inspiration from the following bathroom design trends:
- Trend #1: More and more people are opting for light-colored tiles (think along the lines of beige, white, greys, and so on) to make the space look airy, open, and vibrant. In simpler words, the ‘light’ mode for tiles is in and will continue to trend in 2022.
- Trend #2: Marble, Moroccan, and mosaic tiles are trending. According to experts, Moroccan tiles are hugely popular in bathrooms, particularly for bathroom wall tiles. These tiles add layers to the character of the space and literally break the monotony of a dull design. Speaking for mosaic tiles, people are opting for smaller-sized tiles that are easy to install and create an effortless pattern when placed together strategically. All in all, people are no longer afraid to experiment with bathroom textures and patterns.
- Trend #3: Owing to the pandemic, germ-free tiles are all the rage now. Since people have started laser-focusing on hygiene, germ-free tiles are actively being used to tile bathroom floors as well as walls. The takeaway? When it comes to bathroom aesthetics, functionality is being given equal (if not greater weightage). Reportedly, these types of tiles are known to kill 99.9% of germs, making them ideal for homes with smaller children and elderly people.
- Trend #4: Vitrified tiles, with a glossy finish, are increasingly being used in bathrooms as they can elegantly elevate the space. If you want your bathroom to have a natural stone-finish type of look, it makes sense to opt for vitrified tiles of standard sizes (such as 600x600mm and 600x1200mm).
- Trend #5: Highly-accented bathroom tiled walls are being used to build statement bathrooms that differ from the surrounding space. If your bathroom is inherently monotone in aesthetics, you can simply give one wall a complete makeover with this design trend.
When it comes to bathroom tiles, there are thousands of options to choose from. Without the help of an expert, the makeover process can become overwhelming. If you need professional help with conceptualization and execution, our team at Alita Tile is here to help and bring your innovative ideas to life.